Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pictures Not Required

So I have gotten in the mindset that I must post a picture with every blog I do.  But there is a folly in that as sometimes I need to jot down a few words about experiences I have and there is no picture to show for it.  And seeing as I use this blog partly as a journal of my family, I need to include picture and non-picture moments.  Here is one of those non-picture moments.

My sweet Lydia was baptized last Saturday.  It was a great day and one that I won't forget.  Also one that deserves a picture and a separate blog post, which will be forth coming.  But since that great day she has been worked on quite a bit by the Adversary as well as experiencing the trials of life on Earth.  I have never been more grateful for my scripture study and knowledge than I have been this last week.  On two separate occasions it has been the use of scriptures and scripture stories that have been the key to teaching my daughter the why of a question and solution to the problem.  Saturday was a hard day for her.  Things weren't going her way and her attitude went south.  When I started talking to her immediately the 1 Nephi 17:1-4 came to mind.  This great passage about Nephi and company and their struggles in the wilderness as well as blessings was exactly what she needed to hear.  Then today she had no desire to pray, read scriptures or write in her journal, and so we were talking about the Adversary and how there is opposition and she asks me why there has to be opposition.  Well thankfully 2 Nephi 2 came to mind and i was able to explain why we have opposition and the blessing of agency in our lives.  I am thankful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost as a mother.  I honestly don't know how parents do it with out that guidance!  What a blessing it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment