The longer I live, the more I realize I have so much to learn. At times I love this learning process we call life, and at other times I just feel like curling up into my "shell" and let the world pass by. Obviously, curling up is NOT an option. I have come to learn that hearing and recognizing the Holy Ghost is a process that takes time. The gentle nudges of the Spirit seem to grow stronger as time has gone by.
I especially love the promptings that I call epiphanies. The definition of epiphany meaning: any moment of great or sudden revelation (World English Dictionary). I had one of those moments in the early morning ours of today after I had yet again had a bad nights sleep. Ever since I have become a mother I have problems sleeping through the night. The reasons vary, but the outcome is usually the same (one tired momma). I have prayed and prayed and prayed and studied to figure out how to fix this problem. After my prayers this early morning, while I was pondering, it was brought to my mind that it is easy to be the kind of person I need to be when I am well rested, but it takes more strength (spiritual strength) to be the kind of individual I need to be when I am not rested and feel week. I more fully understand the scripture:
2 Corinthians 12:10--"Therefore I take pleasure in ainfirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in bpersecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am cweak, then am I dstrong.As I strive to be the best mother/wife/leader I can when I am tired I find I am exercising my faith, trusting that Heavenly Father knows what is required at my hand and will provide me with the strength I need.
I also came to learn in the morning hours that the key to making it through our mortal trials is to turn ourselves to the service of others. The perfect example being that of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who on the cross in pain was concerned for the welfare of his mother, Mary, and his friend, John (John 19:26-27). He had compassion on those who were crucified with him. Truly he is the ultimate example to follow when we ourselves are going through our own physical afflictions, whether they be great or small.
So today as my body feels sluggish and my eyelids are heavy, I will think of my Savior and his perfect example and know that as I put my trust in Him, He will provide me with the strength I need, because I know that I am not on this journey alone.
![]() |
| Angels by Brian Kershisnik |

No comments:
Post a Comment